Urgent appointments in Doncaster


If you are experiencing unusual or excessive bleeding, trauma or swelling, seek help immediately.

Same-day appointments

Call us during working hours and we will do everything we can to see you as soon as possible.

Out of hours

Call the NHS out of hours – their 111 service is staffed by experienced advisers and healthcare professionals who will be able to direct you towards the best course of action. This could be an emergency dentist, a late-night pharmacy, a walk-in centre or even A&E.


Common urgent problems include toothache, lost fillings or crowns and denture problems. Please phone us on the day for availability and we will do our best to make sure you are seen as soon as possible.

Urgent appointments – non-registered patients

Our ability to offer emergency treatment for non-registered patients will depend on the level of demand from registered patients, who will always be given priority. We make no guarantee that a non-registered patient will be given an appointment.


What should I do if I have toothache?

Keep your mouth clean by rinsing it with warm water. If it is swollen, place a cold compress on your cheek. Take paracetamol or ibuprofen for the pain. NEVER put aspirin or any other painkiller directly on the gum – this will actually cause burns. Then call Churchview Dental Practice to book your emergency appointment.

What do I do if my permanent tooth has been knocked out?

Holding the tooth gently by the crown, not the root end, try and rinse it clean, but don’t scrub it. Take care not to remove any attached fragments of tissue. If you can, put the tooth back in its place, ensuring it is facing the right way, and bite on a clean towel to hold it there. Doing this within five minutes means your tooth is 85% more likely to survive, compared to very few teeth that are stored dry and re-implanted after an hour. If you can’t put the tooth back in place, submerge it in a cup of milk. If you don’t have milk, salty water is also effective. You’ll be seen as soon as possible by the Churchview Dental Practice team.

What do I do if my child’s milk tooth has been knocked out?

In the case of baby teeth, don’t attempt to put the tooth back in its socket, as this could risk damaging the permanent tooth underneath. Instead, try and stop the bleeding by applying gentle pressure with gauze or a muslin for around 10 minutes. Give your child paracetamol or ibuprofen for the pain, but never place aspirin or any other painkiller directly on the gums, as this can cause them to burn.

What do I do if I have chipped or broken my tooth?

Ring Churchview Dental Practice and we will see you as soon as possible to decide on the best course of emergency action. This could include filing the tooth down so that it is smooth, rebuilding it with a resin material, or removing it. If required, we can then advise you on your options for tooth restoration.

What do I do if something is stuck between my teeth?

If you’re unable to remove the object yourself using dental floss or interdental brushes, contact Churchview Dental Practice immediately. Do not attempt to remove the object with anything sharp, like a pin, as you’ll risk hurting your gums or damaging the tooth enamel.

What do I do if my crown falls off?

If your crown falls off but you’re able to recover the crown and it’s still intact, ring Churchview Dental Practice and there’s a good chance we can re-cement it for you. If it’s broken, you will likely require a replacement crown.


Once you have registered with us as a patient, we will provide you with the necessary login details to be able to book and change your appointments with our clinicians and hygienists.